Thursday, July 4, 2013

Whatt??? There isn't any butter or oil in this Avocado Chocolate Banana Bread?!?

I think I'm on to something - a total money saver and a nutrition increaser.

Or maybe not...

Maybe I'll eat more of it because it is justifiable, but I'm actually decreasing my health with the sugar intake...

Whatever.

Let me just tell you about what I think is totally amazing: Avocados.

Yes, avocados are amazing.

I'm probably the last person to realize it, but I didn't really enjoy eating them so I didn't eat them, and plus I'm not a trendy hipster who will eat avocados like they just might go out of style tomorrow.

So, you must be wondering how I'm eating them if even I could enjoy them.

I bake them... into yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmy treats!!!

Instead of using oil or butter in this banana bread, I added puréed/blended avocados.

And it's cheaper than butter!

Avocado Chocolate Banana Bread

Just so you know, I made the same cake last week and used olive oil (1/3 cup), instead of avocados.

I also used blueberries, rather than chocolate chips.

Wicked cool, huh?

Blueberry Banana Crumble Bread


Recipe for Avocado Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Bread:
1 cup mashed bananas (2-3 large)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 an avocado 
1/2 a cup of chocolate chips

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder

Crumble:
1/4 cup butter
3 tbsp flour
3 tsp sugar

For the banana bread, beat the bananas, avocado, and sugar together in a mixmaster bowl.

Add the egg and continue beating.

With mixmaster at slow speed add the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.

Add in the chocolate chips.

For the crumble, mix the butter, flour, and sugar in a small bowl.

Pour bread mixture into a loaf or small circular cake pan and top with the crumble mixture.

Bake in a 300 degree oven for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails