Saturday, June 29, 2013

Banana Meatballs.

The other day, I went to buy bananas in Chinatown.

There was a giant sign warning me not to take apart the banana bundles so I didn't.

As a result of that experience, I usually buy the whole bundle, regardless of where I go grocery shopping.

I can only eat so many bananas until the inevitable  "bruising and browning" start.

Usually I default to frozen bananas or banana bread, but I wanted to do something different.

So I made meatballs.

Yes, BANANANANANANANANA MEATBALLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!


You are probably thinking that the idea of adding a banana into meatballs is really wild, but.. it's not.

To me, bananas have a tropical flavour... just like pineapples, and people add pineapples to tons of stuff:

smoothies, pizza, sweet and sour pork, and....... even meatballs!

It was a little risky, not because I made up the recipe, BUT because I had never made meatballs before and I was still getting use to the oven in my place.

The meatballs turned out well!

They were tasty and the banana flavour was subtle.


I had some extra meat, so I'll let you know what I did with it another time.


Recipe for Banana Meatballs
1 pound (?) of ground pork
1 mashed banana
1/2 chopped onion
1 tsp fresh basil
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup Cha Sui sauce - aka Asian bbq sauce
1 tsp Siracha hot sauce
1 slice of bread
1/4 cup of hoisin sauce
3 chopped green onions

Mix in a giant bowl.

Make into balls.

Preheat the oven for 300F-ish.

Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked...

Then eat them! Maybe make a meatball sub with an Asian coleslaw! YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails