Sunday, November 21, 2010

White Chocolate and Blueberry Cookies


I like baking with new recipes so when I found a cookie recipe with chocolate and blueberries, I was quite excited.

So excited that I might have even dreamed about it.

Chocolate and Blueberry Cookies.


I had a few issues while making these cookies.

Not huge problems... more like little road blocks.

I had to make some detours.


 Issue #1: I was 1/4 cup short of butter. 
Solution: I topped it up with shortening.
Shortening lacks the big of a taste of butter but my version was still pretty good.
I'm 99% sure that people didn't even notice.


These cookies baked at 375 for 12 minutes. Notice the height? 
Pretty high for a cookie...

Issue #2: I did not have a full cup of white chocolate.
Solution: I added in some semi sweet chocolate chips.


Issue #3: The high cookies dried out pretty quick.
On the second day, they were like rocks.
Those tough cookies were putting up quite the fight.
Solution: I baked these cookies at 350 for 10 minutes.
Flatter and chewy. More normal.


Epic win.


Recipe for Chocolate and Blueberry Cookies:
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1 cup white chocolate chips (or 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips + 1/2 cup white chocolate chips)


For cookies with height:
Preheat oven to 375.
Mix all wet ingredients in one bowl. Mix all dry in the other. Add dry to wet and add the fancy add-ins.
Roll into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, or until the tops start to turn golden.


For flatter and chewy cookies:
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until the tops start to turn golden.

5 comments:

  1. delicious cookies it does look buttery yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you met your obstacles with grace and sill! These cookies look and sound amazing. I adore white chocolate, so whenever I see a cookie recipe with those chips in it...I get especially excited. Thank you for sharing with me...I hope you have a wonderful week of feasting, friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have typing problems..."sill" is supposed to be "skill" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ingredients in these, so unique!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails