Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies, Again.


I made some cookies for a friend.

This friend of mine had used my school desk as a food storage area for the entire year. It wasn't a big deal.

I didn't mind. I was just thankful it wasn't a pair of smelly old socks or something.

You are probably wondering, "Why would I make cookies for someone who was all up in my space?"

Yeah, I have no idea.

But recently, there was an office move so my friend had to do some spring cleaning. Or should I say fall cleaning?

Anyways, all that was left was a sad-looking-half-empty jar of peanut butter. So I decided to swipe it and make cookies.

I used this recipe almost a year ago and totally forgot.

They look smaller this time... because they are.

Some of them are also filled with a chocolatey goodness.

Oh, and I changed the baking temperature and time.

Peanut Butter Cookies


Chewy center, Crispy top = Win.


Stuffed with chocolate. These are like a reversed Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.

Don't worry, I didn't give them all away. I kept plenty for myself.

 Recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies 

1/2 cup unsalted butter 
3/4 cup peanut butter (maybe I used closer to a cup) 
1/2 cup white sugar 
1/2 cup packed brown sugar 
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract 
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
3/4 teaspoons baking soda 
chocolate for stuffing (optional- I used dairy milk)  

Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in the egg.  

In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.  

Roll into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. If you want to stuff the cookie... now would be the time to do it. Make sure the entire chocolate is covered in cookie batter.  

Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for about 8-9 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Do not over-bake.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those look so thick and chewy! Thank you for sharing with me. I'm sitting down to a leisurely breakfast, and, as always, your blog is wonderful reading material. I hope you have a happy weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails