Friday, February 12, 2010

Nothing screams FUN like a gassy distraction.



With the stress of school looming over my head, I decided that I needed to take a mental getaway.
Destination: Cake Land.


With the help of my fearless sidekick, who has enough power in his arms to out mix anyone, I decided to try out a cake recipe that called for... 
...Sprite! 



Yes, you read it correctly. 

I added a fizzy, carbonated drink into CAKE MIX and PUDDING MIX. 

So simple and stress-free... 

I wish my exams were this straight forward.


I didn't follow the recipe exactly (of course...) because my pudding box was 136g. I realized something was fishy when I poked my toothpick into the cake and it was anything but solid. 
I had a very gooey mixture. 
Apparently, 136g is not 3 oz. and I actually added 1 cup of Sprite, instead of 236.5882375ml (8 oz).
Oops. My bad. I just ended up baking the cake for 5 minutes longer.



Other than being in the oven a little longer and suffering a few lacerations to his face (from being poked multiple times), Mr. Sprite Cake is in good health.


Nice and Moist.

Nothing that a little icing cover-up could not fix.

Would I use this recipe again? Maybe.
Recipe for Simple Sprite Cake Print Friendly Version 
1 white cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 box instant vanilla pudding (3 oz. size)
8 oz. can of Sprite (the mini one)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans. 
Mix ingredients on low until combined and then increase speed to medium and mix for about 2 minutes. 
Pour batter into pans and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Recipe from Bakerella!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts with Thumbnails