Sunday, June 20, 2010

Don't let that MAN GO and get away with my cake!


Well, I suppose I did make the cake for him so I guess he is allowed to run away with it.
I was inspired to make a cake just like Trish's Sponge Cake for Father's Day.

It looks like a Strawberry Cake with a Dark Chocolate collar.



 Yup. Close up on the strawberries.


Giant mutant strawberry from California vs. Local strawberry
A slight size difference.


Inside is not a Strawberry Cake... but a Mango Sponge Cake!
I made a Mascarpone Whipped Cream Filling.
I really liked this filling (which also covered the cake).
It was light. Not too creamy. Not too sweet. Just perfect.



Yum!

I'll show you what I made for dinner for my next post.

Unfortunately, I can't give out the cake recipe but I can give you the...

 Recipe for Mascarpone Whipped CreamPrinter Friendly Version   
   * 1 cup chilled mascarpone cheese
    * 1 cup chilled whipping cream
    * 1/4 cup powdered sugar
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat mascarpone, whipping cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and vanilla in large bowl until firm peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Recipe from  here !


 

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cake...I think using strawberries during the month of June is mandatory. They are just too good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this cake looks amazing! but why can't you share the recipe? :( Hope to see more of your cakes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry but I was sworn to secrecy. I needed that recipe so I did what ever was asked in order to get it (which was to keep it a secret)! Don't worry, I will try to find a similar recipe that I can share with everyone! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails