Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Peanut Butter Tofu Skor Cookies.

I had a block of extra firm tofu that needed to be used up and after making that Avocado Butter-less Bread, I was feeling somewhat adventurous.

I decided to make some cookies. I guess I was just riding out that wave of curiosity.

And to my surprise, the cookies turned out and tasted like normal peanut butter cookies!


The tofu replaced the egg in the recipe. Very vegan friendly.

Don't worry, there is plenty of gluten so living in Toronto hasn't changed my baking style completely.... not yet at least.


I kind of forget to write down the baking temperature and time... so proceed with caution if you decide to try this...


Recipe for Peanut Butter Tofu Skor Cookies
Ingredients:
block of tofu (around 1 cup?)
1/2 cup peanut butter?
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup skor bits

1. Preheat the oven to 300F.
2. Purée or blend the tofu until smooth.
3. Mix the tofu, peanut butter, and sugar together.
4. Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt into the tofu mixture.
5. Stir in the skor bits.
6. Form the dough into balls and place on a baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until goldeny....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails