Friday, March 19, 2010

I-rish You Could Taste These!



It was St. Patrick's Day on Wednesday. I was planning on making an Irish treat to celebrate, however I was running late (as usual) and I didn't have enough time. So I made the goodies today. It worked out because I'm not sure if anyone would have been able to handle anymore alcohol on Wednesday.




The cast members of the show. 

 

Say "Hello" to the star..... Mr. Bailey! 
He is one of the original Irish Cream descendants.


The ingredient list called for WARM butter, so I took it out of the fridge a few hours before. After I read the recipe, I realized I had to mix MELTED butter with the coco powder and sugar. I didn't fully melt the butter, so it was opaque but still liquidy.

Does anyone else think that taking the butter out of the fridge was an unnecessary step? 


This tasty goodie did not require a lot of flour... compared to a bread recipe.


The recipe asked me to whisk everything. 
I didn't want to. I wanted the stand mixer to do it.. 


I let my machine do the work for the first part of the recipe (mixing the butter, sugar, and coco) and then I whisked the goo when I added the liquid mixture INTO the flour.. 

Once again, I was confused because I have always been told to add the dry mixture into the wet mixture... 
Maybe it was the booze.



Have you guessed what I made?




...Irish Cream Brownies!
 I'm glad I followed the instructions because everything worked out.


This is glaze spillage.


I'm not sure why Mr. Brownie started to get wrinkly. Perhaps it was the fault of the dish with concave edges.. (or is it convex?)... either way, he is aging gracefully.


Luckily for me, no one really looks at brownie tops when they are hungry.


Yum!
Irish you were here to enjoy them with me!



pssst... if you haven't noticed but Irish sounds like I wish!


Recipe for Boozy Irish Cream Brownies Printer Friendly Version
1/3 cup butter, room temperature (Irish butter if you have it)
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup Irish Cream liqueur

Irish Cream Glaze
1 tbsp Bailey’s Irish Cream
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup confectioners’ sugar

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×9-inch square pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Whisk sugar and cocoa powder into butter until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature, then whisk in egg and vanilla extract.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Pour in butter mixture and Irish cream and whisk well to combine, mixing only until no streaks of flour remain. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 22-26 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs (not chocolate batter). Cool in pan on a wire rack before glazing.
For the glaze, whisk together all glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over cooled brownies, then use a spatula to spread gently into an even layer. Allow glaze to set for at least 2 hours at room temperature before storing the brownies.

Recipe Taken from: Baking Bites

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails