Friday, March 12, 2010

What is the matcha with you?



Is something wrong? You look a little tired. Did you get enough sleep last night? Luckily, I have something that might wake you up. 

No, it's not a cup of cofee from Tim Horton's, but a batch of Matcha cookies! No, not mocha, mATcha.

Matcha? Whats that?! Well, according to Wikipedia, Matcha (抹茶, pronounced [mat.tɕa]) refers to finely-milled green tea.

So I actually have a batch of Green Tea Cookies...



 The magic ingredient.


I cheated and used cake mix to make cookies. What?! I was tired.


These cookies were not lazy at all.
They puffed up super high.


Then fell down. 

  
I burnt the left over messy bits...


... when I made the Big Mama cookie. 


Left: Big Mama
Right: Regular Joe Smoe


A Cookie Snowman!


Here is an inside look.
Crispy outside. Chewy and soft inside.


The slight graininess of the cookie caught me off guard.
Then I remembered I had topped them with sugar.


Overall, I thought these cookies were a little too sweet and the taste of the green tea was not very strong. They seemed like your average green sugar cookies. Perhaps, I won't be lazy next time and I will just make these cookies from scratch with more more green tea powder!


Recipe for Green Tea Cake Mix Cookies Printer Friendly Version 
2 eggs
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil ( I used 1/3 cup of butter)
2 tbsp of matcha powder

Mix together cake mix, eggs and oil in a large bowl.
Make little balls with the dough and set on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 4 - 10 minutes. 

    3 comments:

    1. cute cookies. i'm not a fan of making cookies.. i don't know why

      ReplyDelete
    2. p.s u're gonna start to think i'm stealing ur ingredient ideas (bread, bread pudding, matcha) lol but seriously it's a coincedence!! great minds think alike!

      ReplyDelete
    3. lol. That is so awesome! I can't wait to see what you come up with! I am so glad that your blogging bc I feel like your so close even though you live so far away. :D

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts with Thumbnails