Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Raisin Bread


Today, my mom told me that she wanted to buy some bread. I told her that I would save her the trip and I would make some for her. I whipped out a recipe book and chose the Raisin Bread recipe.


I thought I ran out of sugar so I decided to use honey instead.
... then at the last minute, I found just enough sugar!

The raisins must be soaked in hot water to plump up!

Soak, Soak, Soak...

Then add the wet mixture to the semi-dry mixture (butter, sugar, flour, vanilla extract).

Line the pan... twice. I made cuts to the paper because I didn't want lumpy paper corners..


This is loaf doesn't take long to make... but it does take time to bake...
Let me just say that the 75 minutes in the oven is well worth the wait! 


Recipe for Raisin Bread Printer Friendly Version 
1 cup raisins
1 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 heaping tablespoons of margarine (I used butter instead)
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon

In a small bowl, soak the raisins for 5 minutes in the water and baking soda.

In another bowl mix together the margarine and sugar.
Beat in the vanilla.
Stir in the flour and cinnamon.

Pour the raisins and liquid into the dry ingredients. Mix well.

Place in a greased loaf pan with 2 layers of wax paper.
Bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Five minutes after it is out of the oven, just lift off the loose paper.

From Just Recipes by Kathryn Adams

3 comments:

  1. it was rather tasty, sweet and moist :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is only a little left so hurry over before its gone! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails