Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chocolate Bar Blondies


I don't know if you've noticed but Blondes are not Brunettes.

It's the same in baking... Blondies are not Brownies.

Blondies are all about brown sugar. Brownies are more into chocolate.

I made some Blondies, not Brownies.

 Chocolate Bar Blondies


I was looking for a recipe that didn't involve very much work.

And I found one. It was easy too.

BLONDIES!!

I added a variety of chocolate bars to my recipe. Some Caramilk, Crunchie and Mr. Big. But you can add whatever you want.

I like Cadbury. Who doesn't?




Recipe for Chocolate Bar Blondies
Printer Friendly Version 
1 c. all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt

1 c brown sugar
1 stick melted butter
1 large egg
¼ tsp vanilla

1 c chopped chocolate bar or whatever you want to add

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9×9 baking pan.
Into a large mixing bowl, sift together: 1 c. all-purpose flour, ½ tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp baking soda, and ½ tsp salt.
In a large bowl, beat together 1 c brown sugar with 1 stick melted butter. Add 1 large egg and ¼ tsp vanilla.
Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture along with 1 c. coarsely chopped chocolate bars or whatever you want to add.
Pour batter into pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool (if you have the patience) before cutting into squares.

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Great contradiction and great food. Who could ask for more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore blondies...I will always take a blondie over a brownie, especially when you add in all of those chocolate candy goodies. Thanks for sharing such a delicious concoction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given I'm a brunette,I guess my vote goes to the brownies but from the sound of the ingredients in your blondies, I'm tempted to take out the peroxide bottle and switch my vote. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails