Monday, December 20, 2010

Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies


I found some butterscotch chips at the store. I thought they were cool so I bought them.

I also saw mini peanut butter cups too. I'll be going back for those.

I decided to make chocolate cookies with the butterscotch chips.

They turned out well. Very brownie-like and I like brownies.


Very tasty stuff.



Chewy insides if you only bake for 8-9 minutes. 

I baked them for 8 minutes and they were really soft. 

Recipe for Butterscotch Chocolate Cookies

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, then beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.

Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.

Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in butterscotch chips. I prefer to reserve a few butterscotch chips to press into the tops of the dough once it is on the baking sheets.

Drop level tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart onto parchment paper or baking mat lined baking sheets and bake about 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.



Recipe from Cherry Tea Cakes

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate and butterscotch...you and I think alike! I just bought a bag of butterscotch chips tonight, and I was thinking of doing a chocolate butterscotch brownie. But these babies look so very good! I may change my mind :-) Thank you for sharing with me, sweet friend. Have a beautiful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look fantastic! I can't wait to try this out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails