Friday, March 1, 2013

Dried plum and banana muffins.

Well, hello there. It seems that I've been on a little hiatus from this blog.

Don't worry, I have still been baking away ;) .... I just haven't been taking pictures of these adventures. Who wants to read a blog post with only text? Not this girl, at least... and that is why I haven't been blogging.

I should take more pictures. My brother takes a ton of pictures and documents practically everything in photo form. He has a cool fisheye lens that he uses to make cool-looking pictures. Maybe I should get one too... but then I would have to carry it around and I already carry enough things... like lip balm. So maybe I won't get one.

Anyways... I made some muffins and took some pictures today. Yay...

Dried plum and banana ones.


Dried plum? yeah. Totally out of this world.

Never tried one? Well, I'm sure you have if I told you they are prunes... haha..

By the way, I read that the "European Food Safety Agency has ruled that prunes are not a laxative and can't be sold as such". Well.. that is good to hear I guess, but I'll think twice about reaching for that second muffin... even if it isn't a laxative...


I put some dried plums (maybe 1.5 cups)  in the blender with some hot water and added that mixture to my usual banana muffin recipe. I also decreased the white sugar by half and added some vanilla extract and cinnamon.

Recipe for Dried Plum and Banana Muffins  
1 mashed banana 
maybe a generous 1 cup of blended dried plums
1/3 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup melted margarine OR shortening OR oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Beat the bananas, dried plums, and sugar together in a mixmaster bowl.
Add the egg and continue beating. 
Slowly pour in margarine and continue beating. Then add the vanilla extract.
With mixmaster at slow speed add the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.

Pour into 12 lined muffin tins.

Bake in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes or in 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.

I baked them at 350 for 19 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails