Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dulce de Leche Stuffed Cupcakes.

I made some cupcakes again. Seems to be the story of my life lately.

Hey, I'm not complaining. I like doing it.

These ones were stuffed with Dulce de Leche.

What is that, you might ask? Well, it sort of tastes like caramel.

I used a Crockpot and made some from condensed milk, not evaporated milk.

Confusing, yes, I know. They both end in "milk" and come in small little cans.

I wouldn't know what would happen if I used evaporated milk... I suppose it wouldn't taste as good.

Dulce de Leche Stuffed Cupcakes

Each cupcake was bursting with that ooey gooey dulce goodness.


... and didn't stop filling them until I had a sea of cupcakes. Big ones, mini ones.. ugly ones, pretty ones...


Recipe for Dulce de Leche
Ingredients:
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
Crockpot
Foil or heat proof plate
Water

Instructions:
Remove the paper from the can of milk.

Plate a piece of foil or a heat proof plate on the bottom of the crockpot to protect it from rust building up on the can during cooking.

Set the can of milk on the plate or foil and cover completely with water then attach crockpot lid.

Depending on how much time you have... you can cook the dulce de leche in one of two ways...

1. On HIGH: Cook for 4-6 hours. 5 hours seems to make a good consistency, but go 6 if you want it thicker.
2. On LOW: Cook 8 hours.

CAUTION: Make sure that the can remains covered AT ALL TIMES. Allowing the water to boil off could cause the can to explode.

Allow can to come to room temperature before opening.

Store in air tight container up to a week in the refrigerator.

Recipe from here



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails